Participants in the Miss Flower City Pageant must meet the following eligibility requirements at the time of the competition, and if selected must maintain them throughout subsequent State and National competitions:
Miss Competition Eligibility
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- At least 17 years old at the time of local pageant
- No more than 24 years old on December 31st of the competition year
- High school graduate or successfully completed G.E.D. testing program
- Female, never married, and never have had natural born, or adopted children
- Legal resident of New York at least 6 months prior to local pageant competition or completed 1 full semester of an accredited degree bearing program.
- See the Miss New York and Miss America websites for additional details on eligibility
Teen Competition Eligibility
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Be a young lady between the ages of 13 and 17
- Must not be eligible to compete in the Miss America Competition
- Legal resident of New York at least 6 months prior to local pageant competition
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities
- Be in reasonably good health to meet the job requirements
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization
- Must select a community service “platform” to advocate during her year of service
- See the Miss New York and Miss America Outstanding Teen websites for additional details on eligibility
Miss Flower City, Miss Flower City’s Outstanding Teen and The Lilac Princesses will be making appearances throughout the year to support the Miss Flower City Organization, The Children’s Miracle Network, and their individual platforms.
It is expected that Miss Flower City will make at least one appearance at the Golisano Children’s Hospital in Rochester. In addition, all of the Flower City royalty will appear in the Rochester Lilac Parade, and will make appearances at Rochester professional sports events such as a Red Wings baseball game or Knighthawks lacrosse game.
Visible support for your personal platform is important, and we will do whatever we can to help you succeed in promoting your platform.
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
The Miss America Organization has partnered with Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals to raise funds and awareness for children’s hospitals throughout the United States. In addition to her other responsibilities, Miss Flower City is the Goodwill Ambassador to the Golisano Children’s Hospital at the University of Rochester Medical Center. On a local level, each contestant is required to raise a minimum of $100 for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
You can set up your own individual fundraising page through the Children’s Miracle Network Portal by going to www.missamerica4kids.org. Each Miss New York State contestant raises $250; Miss America contestants raise at least $500. On the state level, there is a Miracle Maker scholarship award given out to the contestant who raises the most money for Children’s Miracle Network.
For more about Children’s Miracle Network, please visit www.childrensmiraclenetwork.org